I had been trying to find a good gravy recipe for quite a while. There are so many dishes that have gravy in them and I wasn’t able to make them. So I experimented a little and came up with a gravy that tastes great and has the right consistency. I hope you enjoy it too.
Gluten Free Mushroom Gravy
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp oil
- Add oil to fry pan.
- Dice onion and portobello mushrooms. Add to pan.
- Add cumin and garlic powder.
- Fry on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and mushrooms are darker.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to fry pan.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Heat last 1/2 cup of water (hot out of tap is good) and mix corn starch in thoroughly.
- Add water/corn starch mixture to fry pan.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until gravy thickens.