While I was growing up, the dish was served on a regular basis at my house. I tried making it with several hamburger replacements, with little success until I developed the Mushroom Burger recipe I posted a little while back.
Vegetarian Beef Macaroni Casserole
- 2 cups mushroom burger
- 1 cup gluten free cream of tomato soup
- 2 cups gluten free elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta and add to casserole dish.
- Prepare mushroom burger.
- Add mushroom burger to casserole dish.
- Dice onion and add to dish.
- Add cream of tomato soup to casserole dish.
- Grate 2/3 of cheese into casserole dish.
- Mix well.
- Grate remaining 1/3 cup cheese on top of mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 12 minutes.