I had been having a craving for broccoli soup since yesterday. Unfortunately, I had never made broccoli soup and I was out of milk. When I got the milk today, I set about creating a broccoli soup recipe. I decided to make a white sauce and add grated cheese,cooked broccoli and a few other things to it. It turned out rather well.
Cream of Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- bay leaf
- Add water and broccoli to pot.
- Cook broccoli on medium high for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat fry pan to medium high.
- Add oil and corn starch to pan.
- Whisk until corn starch is dissolved.
- Set heat to Low or simmer.
- Once pan has cooled to low temperature, add milk and cheese.
- Set heat to medium.
- Cook until cheese has melted and dissolved.
- Add broccoli and the water it cooked in to fry pan.
- Stir and cook on medium for 5-10 minutes.