I seem to be putting a lot of creamy soups up lately. Well, I certainly enjoy eating them. I guess that explains why there are so many. I put some green pepper in with this soup to give it a touch more flavor and a bit of color.
Creamy Potato Soup
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 small green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Peel and dice potatoes in to small pieces.
- Boil potatoes until soft. (approximately 30 minutes)
- In a large fry pan, heat oil to medium heat.
- Add corn starch. Stir until corn starch has dissolved.
- Cool oil and corn starch to very low temperature.
- Add milk. Heat to medium temperature.
- Add a cup of the water the potatoes were boiled in.
- Add potatoes. Stir well.
- Dice and add green pepper.
- Add garlic and salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.