My mom came up with this recipe for gluten free scalloped potatoes. It’s something I can’t make for my self too often, cause I seriously love scalloped potatoes. The quantities in this recipe are based on the 48 oz casserole dish I use to make them. If you have a larger dish, increase the potatoes, onion and milk accordingly. Hope you enjoy them!
Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Number of servings: 5
- 4-5 medium sized Potatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Dice onion.
- Place a layer of potato slices in the bottom of the dish.
- Place a small layer of onions over potatoes.
- Spread 1 tbsp of butter over onions and potatoes.
- Shake 1 tbsp of corn starch over onions and potatoes.
- Place another layer of potatoes, onions, butter and corn starch.
- Continue placing layers until you have filled 3/4 of dish.
- Pour milk into dish until it completely covers other ingredients.
- Cook at 375F for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.
Unsweetened Soy Milk can be used instead of Milk and margarine can be used instead of butter.